Ready for a Back to Work Program
Checklist for Employees
If you are thinking about returning to work, and are confused or overwhelmed about what is expected from you next, we have compiled a checklist of things to consider, so as to be ready for your return to work meeting:
- Reach out to your healthcare provider and seek their clearance and further recommendations.
- Check your team’s and company’s communication channels so as to be fully updated with the latest happening and updates and regain work engagement.
- Do a self-awareness exercise and jot down the details of your current condition and how it could impact your work. Think especially about any challenges preventing you from successfully performing work duties.
- Once you are updated with the progress that the team has achieved in your absence, consider whether any new opportunities could be present for you.
- Focus on realizing whether you have reconsidered at all your career path and priorities.
- When it comes to workload, will you be able to fully resume work as it was prior to the absence (in terms of both schedule and responsibilities)?
- Consider whether you will require a phased return to work strategy to facilitate your transition.
- Consider drafting a return to work letter to your line manager and/or return to work coordinator formally informing them of your intentions to resume work.